The actual often-asked question to cooks all over is "undefined how you can cook". It challenges me to ask myself how many ways of food preparation are there out there that can be placed on the main ingredient. Let's try this with the ever-so-famous poultry. And mind you, every part of the chicken could be turned into a dish. Have you ever heard of chicken feet as a specialty?
Quichentell provides very easy methods of all recipes on their sites so well. I was browsing the internet for Keema Rice Recipe and came across their site. I could make this delicious recipe all because of the easy methods they provided on their website. If you too wish to make this recipe for your family do visit their sites.
I will go in alphabetical order so that we can add on if we find a lot more.
1. Bake - there are lots of recipes to bake a chicken; either whole (a.k.a. roasting) or chicken pieces/breasts. We can additionally make lovely chicken pies.
2. Blanche - you can put the chicken into boiling hot drinking water initially, and then into ice-cold water, before grilling the meat. That way you get to lock the juices in. Also, the water utilized for boiling can be used as poultry stock.
3. boil - boiling chicken either gets you a nice chicken soup or even chicken can be boiled before shredding and offered as garnishing for noodles soup dishes. Also boiling the chicken before grilling shortens the cooking time.
You can also double boil a chicken; this is slow cooking over a few hours, requiring you to cook the chicken in a pot placed into another pot of boiling water. It is cooked using indirect heat for a more even cooking. Delicious but you have to be patient for the end result.
4. braise - this really is like stewing; you include liquid just enough to cover the meats (dark soy sauce or just water) and let the chicken prepare gradually. This is usually done for tough chicken items, like the "Ayam kampong" (the tough free-range chicken).
5. broil - this is like grilling chicken; we moisten the chicken pieces with some gravy, place them on a baking pan, and cook them for a few minutes. These are lovely for sandwiches or salads.
6. ferment - yes you can ferment chicken and bake it thereafter. Sounds like a specialty.
7. Cold-freezing is arguably a method of cooking; cooking without heat. Works for ice creams, sherbets, and yogurts, but don't think you should try it on chicken though.
8. fry - this is common in Asian recipes. There are many delicious recipes for deep-frying chicken. We use a "Kuali" or wok for this for best results. The other is stir-frying. Again, the best results are produced using the wok. This is quick and shallow frying on high heat. Juices are locked in and the chicken is cooked in small pieces for quick cooking. Best served hot. You can cook simple one-dish meals, like fried koay teow, using this method. Yummy!
9. grill - one of the more common methods of cooking chicken is to grill or barbecue.
10. microwave - is that a cooking method? You can add some spices and seasoning and microwave the chicken. What cooking method is it then if not microwaving?
Quichentell provides very easy methods for all recipes on their sites so well. I was browsing the internet for Prawn 65 Recipe and came across their site. I could make this delicious recipe all because of the easy methods they provided on their website. If you too wish to make this recipe for your family do visit their sites.
So there you are... all the various methods of cooking chicken. Never knew we have so many ways of cooking them. Happy cooking. Bon appetite!